Tuesday, May 19, 2009

27 weeks -- THIRD TRI!

Whooooo hooo!

It's the final countdown, ladies. I know it's still ages away, but it's like that second wind you get when running a race. The finish line is up there. Yippee!!!

I'm continuing to get a little rounder as Lil G adds on the pounds. He's probably a little over 2 pounds now, I think. He's only got two speeds these days ... he's either dead asleep or on a sugar high. The sugar high increasingly includes spasmatic kicks to my ribs, too. Such a sweet baby.

The increase in size has continued to push my stomach and other organs north, and I'm pretty sure they are ramming into my boobs now. Eating is an adventure. I get full quickly, and somehow the process of chewing exausts me. Last night I had two slices of pizza and fell back on the couch breathing a little heavy. It's embarassing. Of course DH loves it because there's more food for him. :)

We've been working on the nursery bit by bit. Updates include his new hip ceiling fan (we have it with the darker blades showing):And the cutie pie vinyl decal we placed above his crib (ours is in navy):

The bedding, mattress, and some of the art are due any day now!

And in stats:

How far along? 27 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: I think about 15 lbs.

Maternity clothes? All day. I still sneak into my pre-pg PJs at night. DH likes how my stomach sticks out. Silly boy.

Stretch marks? Nope.

Sleep: Still doing well....knock on wood!

Best moment this week: Taking (and I think passing) the glucose test, getting to third tri!

Movement: Pretty steady and strong. He's currently hitting me dead between the ribs every 10 seconds.

Food cravings: Hot dogs with globs of yellow mustard.

Labor signs: Nope.

Belly button in or out? Still in. It's lost it's round shape, though. Looks like a winking eye.

What I miss: Icey margaritas on a hot day. ::Sigh::

What I am looking forward to: Hearing his heartbeat again at our appt. tomorrow.

Weekly wisdom: Stay far away from expensive maternity stores. They are black holes that suck you in and do dangerous things to your credit card.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love that decal!

Shannon said...

Woohoo, congrats on 3rd tri! I love the decal and cant wait to see the nursery as it progresses!