Tuesday, July 28, 2009

37 weeks and progress!

So I had my 37 week appointment today. They weren't planning on doing my first internal until next week, but when I described the pressure I have been feeling (like the baby is trying to swim south!) to the nurse she suggested checking in today to see what was going on. Sounded good to me, although I automatically reminded my giddy, anxious husband that whatever they said could not determine the exact day we would be having the baby. It could still be 3+ weeks.

So I was very surprised when the doc came in, checked, and it didn't hurt at all. That was my first sign that the pressure might have been more than I was allowing myself to believe it was. Yup: 3 cm, 80 percent effaced, baby at about 0 station. Totally wasn't expecting that. Neither was the hubs, who just finished reading about the stages of labor and blurted out, "Crap, you're in transitional labor!" and then asked the doc if we needed to be admitted. :)

I know this could be where I am for quite awhile now, but it's nice to know the little dude is making his way south and that things are already looking good. Even if I totally stalled here and we hit the due date or over, induction would be easier since I'm already primed to go.

DH will now be working like a mad man to get his projects in order, since he's convinced I can go into full-blown labor at any moment. I should probably update my status reports at work, too. Ya know, just in case.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you guys....we are at 40 weeks today & am not dilated at all so I guess you could say I am jealous!!

Lindsay said...

YAY! I'm so excited for you!

Carly said...

HOLY!!!!! that is a lot of progress- that is more than I was when I was in labor. YAY YAY YAY I can't wait to hear the news

SarahLynn said...

Holy crap he'll be here soon. I'm so pumped for you guys.

Mary said...

yey!!! he's gonna be here soon!!

Shell said...

So cute, about your hubs. Congrats on being so far!