Tuesday, February 3, 2009

12 weeks - and the world knows

Well, a small percentage of the world, but you know what I mean.

This weekend we finally we able to bestow the precious T-shirts on the grandparents. Since my MIL was at home recuperating from her surgery, we sent the shirts over wrapped up as a get well gift. My parents we told in person, dropping gift bags on their laps during the Super Bowl pre-game show. All four were thrilled, especially the moms. From there we told the aunt and uncles-to-be, then close friends as we have seen them. Both works found out today. It's been a bit of a snow ball effect, but it is such a relief to just have it out there finally. No more lame lies, no more holding file folders in front of my bloat as I walk to a meeting. We are having a baby. Yea!

I'm still feeling well and still eating 16-year-old boy training for the Boston Marathon. There is nothing I can do to stop my stomach's rage...even two hours without food sends me into the shakes. My desk drawers are going to have to be stocked at all times. And no one else can touch. Mine!!!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

YAY! I am so excited you were finally able to let the cat out of the bag! I'm happy everyone was so excited.

Carly said...

Mel- I am SOOOOO super happy for you :) I love love love your NT scan pic- lil G is already looking like such a baby- and you must be so excited to have the news out. Now get used to the question 'How do you feel?'
congrats again momma!

L said...

Yay 12 weeks!!
So glad to hear everyone was excited. & yup I am eating every 2 hours too. ughhH!

Anne said...

I give you huge credit for keeping it a secret for as long as you did, way to go! I don't think I will be able to do that. Congrats =)