Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Third beta in

And I forgot to wrote the number down (I had to run into the hall at work and did so without a pen, sue me), but I know it was good. 11 thousand and something. Right on target, and again, I am much releaved.

The initial plan was to have a fourth beta done, but the nurse didn't mention sending me a script for it when she called, and I didn't remind her. Seriously, the numbers are great to hear, but I realize that another isn't going to to do anthing but make me anxious again. If something is going to happen, it's going to happen. No amount of tests are going to prevent anything. I need to start going on day by day, week by week, simply confident that all will be fine. Plus, the women at the lab were starting to recognize me.

The second U/S is still on, though, but not until next week now, 1/2. I'm totally fine with this, and we'll be able to see so much more by then. There will be a baby blob, and hopefully even a visable heartbeat. Oh, there I go getting all anxious again.

We also have an appointment on 12/29 at the doctor's office to do the medical history and such. It was supposed to be my first baby-related anything, so it's lost its luster a bit, but I'm sure I'll still get a kick out of it.

In the mean time, we are celebrating Christmas with family and just having a good time. Cheers to you all -- I wish you a fabulous holiday and a wonderful New Year full of all the health and happiness you can handle.

3 comments:

L said...

Merry Christmas Mel!!
Yay for great beta's!

Shannon said...

Congrats on the good beta number!

Lindsay said...

YAY for the betas! Congrats! I hope you all had a great christmas!